Re: AWS Marketplace re:Invent session - Debian

On Wed, 2019-09-25 at 13:52 -0700, Tianon Gravi wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 at 11:29, Freeman, Matthew <freematt@amazon.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello Debian team. AWS Marketplace is working on a session for AWS
> > re:Invent this year on utilizing trusted base images to build and
> > deploy container-based applications. This would present a great
> > opportunity to highlight Debian as one of those key images for
> > customers to utilize BUT we need to get that container image
> > published into AWS MP. How can we schedule this work with your team
> > to get completed ahead of RIV in early December? Thanks.
> > From your previous descriptions, it sounds like it's probably as
> "easy" as having someone go into the AWS console and trigger updates
> there when something in [1] merges and is built/available (given that
> my understanding is that the images for the AWS registry are
> typically
> simply pulled from Docker Hub).
>
> [1]:
> https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/pulls?q=is%3Apr+label%3Alibrary%2Fdebian
>
> Perhaps someone who actually has access to said console could confirm
> whether that's something which could be done?
>

> As a sidebar, when AWS pulls one of these images, what does it do in
> the face of a manifest list?  Will it pull/sync all the
> architectures,
> only architectures supported by Amazon, or will it ignore the
> manifest
> list entirely and pull just amd64?

This is only email I got about this, so maybe I'm missing something
here. But - is this something we shold talk about during sprint next
week?

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak, Debian Developer <serpent@debian.org>
GPG: A565 CE64 F866 A258 4DDC F9C7 ECB7 3E37 E887 AA8C