Re: Problems building guest additions with recent debian/buster64 vagrant image

Am 18.09.2019 um 07:48 schrieb Geert Stappers:
On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 03:20:05PM +0200, Christopher Linn wrote:
currently there is a problem using VirtualBox 6.0.10 and 6.0.12 in
combination with debian/buster64 (kernel 4.19.0-5-amd64). The vbox guest
additions fail to build.
Welcome to this mailinglist. Your inquiry has been seen.
However I doubt that original poster has seen
* https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2019/09/msg00040.html
* https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2019/09/msg00041.html

Regards
Geert Stappers

No hard feelings, only explaining why OP didn't get answer.

Hello Geert, Hello Christophe !

Thanks for your interest for the Debian Vagrant base boxes.

A mismatch between the guest additions kernel module, and the Buster kernel, is rather kernel related and has little to do with the box itself. I suggest you to use the guest additions supplied with https://app.vagrantup.com/debian/boxes/contrib-buster64 ; and ignore the warnig mismatch if you have a newer VirtualBox on the host: this mismatch was never a problem for me.

Greets

Emmanuel