Re: Presenting Debian to the user at cloud provider marketplaces

Le Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 06:33:06PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :

> We have plenty of persons using their work email as a way to show that the
> work has been sponsored by the company. (And I do that for my work in
> Debian sponsored by Offensive Security)
>
> To me, it does not seem wrong to have a small mention of credativ close
> to the azure image if they did the work (even if they were paid by
> Microsoft).

Hi all,

it is not wrong by itself, and the work being done is excellent, but it
is in the context of a progressive replacement of unpaid volunteers by
paid professionals.  I do not want to open a debate on this; a
sufficiently related discussion happened recently on -project.  But you
can easily imagine that some bitterness remains here and there.  It is
hard to craft perfect acknowledgements with only a few words, but is
essential to nurture an inclusive community.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Akano, Uruma, Okinawa, Japan