Re: Cloud Image Finder GSoC Student

Hi Thomas Goirand,

What a cool idea of functionality to be used in the finder!  I'll add it to the backlog and start studying good practices for implementing web hooks. In a later moment i would like to  understand how the communication with OpenStack works, could we do a videoconference for this?

Sincerely,

Arthur Diniz

Em sex, 10 de mai de 2019 às 06:47, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> escreveu:
On 5/9/19 9:34 PM, Arthur Diniz wrote:
> Hello,
>

> This week I received the news that I was selected for the Google Summer
> of Code Project in the development of the Cloud Image Finder, a web
> application that will make it easier for users to find official debian
> cloud images, with Lucas Kanashiro and Bastian Blank as mentors. I hope
> to have the support of the cloud team to solve the challenges that will
> come, besides I will attend debconf19 to meet the team better!
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Arthur Diniz

Hi Arthur,

Congrats! You have all of my support.

FYI, I am the maintainer of OpenStack in Debian.

One of the nice feature I'd love to see in this finder, is the ability
for OpenStack users to register a (web?) hook, so that they can get a
signal whenever a new image is available. This way, they could download
their image and push it to their cloud automatically.

Do you think this could also be integrated in your GSoC project?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)