Re: Status of Debian accounts and legal agreements with cloud providers

On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 11:50:57PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 05:39:53PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> > Since Amazon wants the email address to correspond to SPI rather than
> > Debian (i.e. if Debian were to leave SPI a new account would be needed),
>
> Urgs, but okay.
>
> > I was thinking of something like:
> > debian-cloud-accounts@spi-inc.org
> > where the members of that alias would include:
>
> Does the spi-inc.org setup supports address extensions, so we can use
> something like debian-cloud-accounts[+-]azure@ and
> debian-cloud-accounts[+-]aws-image@?

Yes, it's postfix with "recipient_delimiter = +" in main.cf.

> > I was thinking of using the same @spi-inc.org alias for AWS and Azure
> > for simplicity;
>
> We need at least three different email addresses for AWS (one per
> account),

Are you saying that AWS doesn't allow multiple accounts to share an
owner email address? Anyway, not a big deal with address extensions.
Good idea.

I've found the relevant part of our puppet config and it's clearly
straightforward, so I can get this address added to SPI's mail config as
soon as Debian confirms which debian.org addresses (roles/aliases/lists
preferred but individuals OK too) should be on it.

> plus one for Amazon.

Was this meant to be "plus one for Azure"?

> >                 using a cloud-neutral alias would also make sense to me
> > on the Debian side, but I don't feel strongly about that.
>
> Yeah.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
president@spi-inc.org