Re: Installing plymouth

On 1/30/19 1:45 PM, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 12:47:01PM +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> To get systemd to log on all tty (ie: tty0 and ttyS0), plymouth is
>> needed. So, my proposal is to get plymouth installed by default on our
>> images, with the "nosplash" option on the kernel command line (so that
>> plymouth doesn't display a splash screen).
>
> I tried that and don't see any difference.  Please describe in more
> detail what the expected behaviour is.

If you put systemd.show_status=true in the kernel command line, and if
there's:

console=tty0 console=ttyS0

then systemd will only print to ttyS0 unless plymouth is installed
(though I am setting it up with "nosplash text" on the kernel command
line so it doesn't bother).

Maybe the issue is only with Stretch though, I haven't tested with Buster.

>> Any objection? Or would you guys want this only in the OpenStack image?
>
> Yes.  I don't see how it should do what you want.

And now?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)