Re: Resources offer: Catalyst Cloud

On 2018-12-09 11:24:19 +0100 (+0100), Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
[...]
> We have a Wiki page about external services hosting proposed to Debian
> Developers, could you create an entry there for the Catalyst Cloud and
> add yourself as a contact person ?
> https://wiki.debian.org/ServicesHosting
>
> AFAIK the cloud team uses DSA managed servers and has also account by
> the biggest cloud providers so the needs here are pretty well covered.
>
> However for some one shots projects, it is useful to have access to
> different ressources, and I don't know the needs of everyone :)

It's worth pointing out that the Catalyst Cloud service is free/libre
open source software (OpenStack) and, as per earlier discussions,
running Debian project resources on free software (software included
in Debian itself even) makes a virtuous circle sort of statement
compared to just using proprietary platforms simply because they're
popular/convenient. A big part of what defines the Debian community
for me is its ideals when it comes to supporting the free software
movement and the larger open source community as a whole.</soapbox>
--
Jeremy Stanley