Re: 2018 Debian Cloud Sprint, 8-10 October, venue is *Seattle*

Time for an update...

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 12:11:09AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>So, the Doodle poll shows we have a (narrow) preference for Seattle
>for the sprint. Thanks for taking part folks!
>
>>>  https://doodle.com/poll/k9h8kuv6aqs324nq
>
>Let's start organising travel etc. I know that some people are likely
>to need assistance with travel and/or accommodation costs. If you'd
>like to ask for Debian money to help you attend this sprint, please
>reply *ASAP* with estimates of travel costs. I'll talk to the DPL to
>get approval for Debian funding for the sprint.
>
>David - what's the location you're offering please, and do you have
>any good recommendations for hotels nearby?

David mentioned in IRC a few days ago some options locally:

 * Holiday Inn Express.
 * Motif Hotel
 * Four Points Sheraton on Westlake Ave N.
 * Residence Inn by Marriott Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
 * Hotel Five

My employer Arm is paying for my travel and accommodation; I'm booked
into the Holiday Inn Express. Jimmy is also booked in there.

So far I've had *three* people tell me they're coming and would like
Debian to cover (at least some of) their costs:

 * Jimmy Kaplowitz
 * Tomasz Rybak
 * Thomas Lange

I'm going to formally ask the DPL for funding for this early next
week. If you're planning on coming and need Debian funding, let me
know *ASAP* please!

I've started putting more details into the wiki page at

  https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2018/DebianCloudOct2018

Please add yourself there if you're coming...

< sladen> I actually stayed in a hotel and arrived to find a post-it
          note stuck to the mini-bar saying "Paul: This fridge and
          fittings are the correct way around and do not need altering"