Re: Building cloud images using Debian infrastructure

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 11:53:49AM -0500, Paul Dejean wrote:
> Second of all I imagine that AMIs and Google cloud images and other offical
> proprietary format debian images are exempt from this rule, since they can
> only really be built from within the appropriate company's cloud services.

Google's image format is publicly documented, quite standard (raw disk
image inside a tarball), and can be built just fine on casulana or
anywhere else. Google does their builds inside GCE merely as a
convenient way for them to manage transient build VMs, not out of
technical necessity.

I have no idea about the equivalent AMI answer.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org