Re: Building cloud images using Debian infrastructure

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 12:41:47PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Is that compatible with an outreach to our Blends that have some serious
> interest
> to have images of theirs prepared in say AWS? Debian-Med comes to mind.

I would like to get our own stuff up and running first.  In theory we
can add images as we like, so that the vendors don't kill us.

> Those images would have cloud-relevant additions to regular Debian setups,
> like the mounting of directories with public data that AWS offers and
> that Debian's
> software knows how to use.

I don't think this makes much sense.  You need to do setup software and
data stuff anyway.  And if you start a lot of identical systems, you
need to create a specialized images anyway.

Regards,
Bastian

--
What kind of love is that?  Not to be loved; never to have shown love.
		-- Commissioner Nancy Hedford, "Metamorphosis",