Re: Would anybody be willing to take over bootstrap-vz?

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 5:58 PM Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 12:45:28PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 06:46:30PM +0000, Anders Ingemann wrote:
> > Hi everybody
> >
> > As you may have noticed, bootstrap-vz [1] has not progressed particularly
> > much during the last year, excepting pull-requests of course (thanks for
> > those btw!).
> > The reason is that I am simply not using bootstrap-vz myself very much
> > lately, so I have little incentive to improve upon it, and other projects
> > have taken up my time instead.
> > I was wondering if someone were interested in taking over the project?
> > I once declined the offer to move the project under the Debian umbrella on
> > GitHub, which is something I wouldn't decline now :-)
> > There is a considerable amount of people using the software daily,
> > and I would love seeing my work being continued.
> > Any questions future maintainers might have regarding the code I will be
> > happy to answer, now and also in the coming years.
> >

> Found the above message while preparing a patch for bootstrap-vz ...

Patch is at [2]

Back to
> > There is a considerable amount of people using the software daily,
> > and I would love seeing my work being continued.

I became last week a new user of bootstrap-vz
and love to see it being continued.

> > Any questions future maintainers might have regarding the code I will be
> > happy to answer, now and also in the coming years.

Yes, thread starting at [3] shows it.

My advice to Anders

  * update top README.rst  with text "looking for new home"
  * close issues with activity older than a half year
  * over few weeks retransmit "someone willing to take over"
    as "about to stepdown, discussing a hand over"
  * enjoy your projects

Groeten
Geert Stappers

1. https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz/
2. https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2017/12/msg00022.html
3. https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2017/12/msg00009.html
--
Leven en laten leven

Thanks Geert, done :-)
https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz#bootstrap-vz-is-looking-for-a-new-home

If you want the patch merged, you will need to open a PR on github.

--
Anders Ingemann