Re: Validating OpenStack images after building

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 06:34:32PM +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>Hi Steve and everyone else,
>
>This was overdue, but here it is.
>
>In Casulana, under /home/cloud-build/hack/zigo2, you'll find a script
>called "image-test". It may be used to validate OpenStack images against
>the Stretch version of OpenStack (ie: Newton). Simply do:
>
>cd /home/cloud-build/hack/zigo2
>./image-test debian-9-openstack-amd64.qcow2

>Note that when you run it, it *looks like* nothing is happening, but in
>fact the above does take a few minutes to run. So just wait. The result
>is printed in stdout.

Cool, looks good. :-)

>Steve, do you think you could integrate the image-test script run within
>the image build process? I'm particularly interested in having it
>integrated in the Debian testing image, so we make sure there's no
>regression.

Right. It looks like it might need some permissions help - it's
running ssh and scp into your VM, and I'm assuming that I (and
debian-cd) don't have keys for that?

Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back