Re: Debian Stretch on GCE

On 2017-03-28 14:55:42, Jose R R wrote:
> Any chance of including option for Reiser4-patched Linux kernel in
> jessie-backports -- which will easily migrate to Stretch?

I don't think that this is question to this list probably you should ask on
debian-kernel@l.d.o.

I'd say if something is not on the official Debian mirrors is almost impossible
to be included in the cloud images, even if it's in backports the it's
debatable if it's core functionality required for cloud or not if not the
probably it won't be included even then.

> I have been releasing jessie-backports of reiser4-enabled kernels for
> a while; as a matter of fact, I have had a small Debian instance with
> reiser4 root fs running on Google Compute Engine for 2 to 3 years now.

Did you speak to kernel maintainers about it?

snip
--

|_|_|0|                  "Panta rei"                     |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x686930DD58C338B3
3DF1  A4DF  C732  4688  38BC  F121  6869  30DD  58C3  38B3