Re: Setting hostnames with hostnamectl on AWS AMIs, missing dbus?

On 18/02/17 07:44, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> On 2017-02-15 11:03:51, paul wrote:
> 3. Add dbus as pure cloud image dependency on images creation. I've never seen
>   cloud instance (neither AWS, GCP, OVH, DigitalOcean, etc anywhere in
>   commercial environment) customised to the point of init system, so I'd say
>   it's safe to assume that all are using what is default in the given release.

The reason debian-image-builder has a plugin to create AMIs without
systemd is because that's the way we create all Debian AMIs that are
used by my workplace. The only reason I knew I needed to add dbus when
creating AMIs with systemd was from running tests for anyone else that
might not be using that plugin.