Re: Setting hostnames with hostnamectl on AWS AMIs, missing dbus?

On Feb 14, Adam Bolte <abolte@systemsaviour.com> wrote:

> A quick scan over at bugs.debian.org suggests there are no bug reports
> about this against the systemd package, which I guess is a bit
> surprising given how long ago the Salt Stack issue on GitHub above was
> created.
systemd maintainer here: the package is working as expected.
If you need dbus-mediated features then you are supposed to install
dbus, but we do not want to impose a strict dependency on it.
BTW: if you are installing openssh-daemon on the system then you are
supposed to install libpam-systemd as well (which depends on dbus).

--
ciao,
Marco