Re: Cloud Team blog or ... what?

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 12:32:37AM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> >a few days ago Noah blogged about new Stretch AMIs for testing and was
> >wandering how are we going to let people know about changes etc.
> >(https://noah.meyerhans.us/blog/2017/02/10/using-fai-to-customize-and-build-your-own-cloud-images/)
>
> What a coincidence! Yesterday I added a micronews about that blog post, but forgot to rebuild the site to actually publish it. I rebuilt the site some minutes ago, and then this mail arrived the press@ mailbox :)
>
> Of course you can contribute the micronews yourselves; we can miss some news or not be sure which one from different sources to choose, so any help on that is welcome.

This is great, thank you! I'll be sure that I get future updates
published to micronews.

Another thing I've been considering is that we intend the official cloud
images to be ready and released at the same time as the primary stretch
announcement. (Well, I intend this anyway, and am assuming that the rest
of the cloud team has no major objections.) Ideally the release
announcement will at least make mention of the availability of cloud
images for whichever platforms are ready at release time (AWS, MS Azure,
Google, Docker, etc). What's the best way to ensure that this happens?
Should we try to come up with the appropriate wording and pass it along
to press@? Is that going to reach the right people?

noah