Re: AWS Run Command - packaging, adding to Debian images

On 2016-12-05 15:29:23, gustavo panizzo (gfa) wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2016 at 05:10:54PM +0100, Marcin Kulisz wrote:

> > > Not "Open Source". See list of OSI approved licenses. [1]
> >
> > I have to agree that it is open source but it is not free software.

> > > Quick review, not DFSG compliant. There are use restrictions. I can't
> > > imagine this being included as part of any official images, unless this is
> > > resolved.
> >
> > I have to agree just reading point 3.3 from license for me is enough to say
> > that this is not DFSG.
> > But on the other hand have it in non-free could be nice (from user POV)
>
> License has changed to Apache 2.0 :)

Indeed, well then now it looks like it can enter main only issue it it right
now is dependencies which need packaging to allow it to be build on Debian
infrastructure.
I think only 3 or for need to be packaged before ssm-agent can be build but
still it's a fair bit of work to be done.
--

|_|_|0|                  "Panta rei"                     |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x686930DD58C338B3
3DF1  A4DF  C732  4688  38BC  F121  6869  30DD  58C3  38B3