Re: Call For Participation Debian Cloud Sprint

Hi all,
I have a logistical update for this event. I have finally commandeered space in the Google Seattle office to host us. Most importantly there are VC systems in the rooms to host live Hangouts sessions so people can attend and interact remotely. If you want to join remotely instead of in person, please update your name in the Participants list and add "(remote)" so I have a good count of who will be able to join in person. Also, if you have other topics you want to add to the agenda, please do. I suspect our agenda will evolve as we meet however.

I have updated the wiki with further details:
https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2016/DebianCloudNov2016

(also, if anyone happens to be at LinuxCon in Toronto right now, let me know, I'm here all week!)

-----
Zach Marano
zmarano@google.com

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Tomasz Rybak <tomasz.rybak@post.pl> wrote:
On Thu, 2016-08-11 at 14:13 -0700, Zach Marano wrote:
> We are organizing a Debian cloud sprint to focus on subjects like:
> - What does it mean to run Debian in the cloud.
> - Define the official Debian cloud image.
> - In depth look at how Debian works on current cloud platforms (AWS,
> Azure, GCE, etc).
> ... etc (complete agenda TBD)
>
> Ideally, we solve all (or as many as possible) of the open questions
> which were discussed at Debconf and on the debian-cloud list and come
> to consensus on what an official Debian cloud image is, how it works
> in the various cloud offerings, and have a realistic timeline to
> offer such an image for the community at large. Bonus points if we
> actually have something working.
>
> I am targeting November 2 - 4, 2016 in Seattle, WA (USA).
> https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2016/DebianCloudNov2016

Hello.
I'd like to take part in the sprint.
I helped a bit with bootstrap-vz for AWS, and helped with moving
scripts for building Debian images for Google Cloud to bootstrap-vz.

Currently I'm using AWS (and Debian images) to test my PyGPGPU
packages.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak, Debian Maintainer <tomasz.rybak@post.pl>
GPG: A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860