Re: Should apt-transport-https be Priority: Important ? (Re: own cloud task in tasksel?)

Le Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 11:52:49AM +0100, Marco d'Itri a écrit :

> I fully agree.

Hi Marco,

have you followed the part of the discussion related to privacy ?  This is the
main reason for wanting HTTPS support by default.  Are you suggesting that the
benefit is too small compared to the disadvantage of having slightly larger
size for cloud images that contain all the packages of "Important" priority ?

I noted your previous comment about the need to provide minimal images for
containers and I fully agree, but this is not what is propoosed here: in my
understanding, container images would typically be built with debootstrap's
"minbase" variant, which only installs packages of priority "Required".

On the other hand, if you think that the argument of size applies to both
cases, can you comment on which packages should in your opinion have their
priority corrected form Important to something lower ?

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy