Re: Debian Vagrant boxes and Virtualbox

Hi Chris,

On 22 February 2016 at 04:51, Chris Fordham <chris@fordham-nagy.id.au> wrote:
> Needs to go on wiki?

That would be nice. Teams/Cloud/VagrantBaseBoxes[1] is the first
result on Google when someone searchs for "debian vagrant" (without
quotes), but there's no mention to the "debian/contrib-jessie64" box
at all. Extra work will be needed to update other parts of the article
that mentions the absent of VirtualBox Guest Additions.

I was hit by the problem with the rsync shared folder myself. Even
installing guest additions by hand didn't solved the problem. Then I
remembered the discussion started here by Asheesh[2] and the
announcement of the contrib boxes made by Emmanuel[3]. Using the
latter solved my problem, but I can't imagine how and end user who
does not follows this list would find it alone.

Regards,
Tiago.

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Cloud/VagrantBaseBoxes
[2]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2015/12/msg00003.html