Re: Packer configuration for vagrant with libvirt

Le 02/02/2016 01:00, Martin Vietz a écrit :
> Hi guys,

Hi Martin

> I made a vagrant box with libvirt as provider based on your
> debian-vm-templates/packer-virtualbox-vagrant configuration. Maybe
> you're interested in this.
>
> The relevant differences are listed in the attached patch. A working
> version is in my github account, with direct deployment on atlas.
>
> https://github.com/martin-v/debian-vm-templates/tree/master/packer-libvirt-vagrant
>
> You can find the boxes created from github account here:
> https://atlas.hashicorp.com/martin-v/boxes/debian-jessie-libvirt
>
> It would be nice if you support libvirt in the future. If you have any
> questions, feel free to contact me.
>
> Best Regards
>  Martin

I had a look at your patch, and the modifications are trivial. Good
point for packer.

A couple of questions:
 * does the debian installer detect it's running on qemu and enable the
virtio drivers ?
 * is the created box functionnaly equivalent with the VirtualBox based
( shared folder, NAT networking ) ?
 * would you be interested to commit your template to the
debian-vm-templates repository ?

At the moment I am mostly using Proxmox for my KVM needs so I can't
really test Vagrant with libvirt.

Emmanuel