Re: Service names for Debian mirrors in cloud infrastructure

Hi,

On Mon Jan 11, 2016 at 09:19:55 +0000, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> On 2016-01-11 09:24:50, Bastian Blank wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > I'm still not sure what difference it would make anyway.  Just assume we
> > have a public mirror in antarctica with the name ftp.aq.debian.org.
> > Even if it is public, you would not use it outside of antarctica anyway,
> > as you know the internet connection there is crappy.
>
> It's not about if we would but if we could.

Quoting Bastian from his initial mail:

| We at credativ maintain a Debian mirror network within the Microsoft
| Azure cloud.  This mirror network is for use by other Debian systems
| within this cloud infrastructure.  It should not be used by the public
| internet.

> Would ftp.aq.debian.org be available from anywhere we could use it. You
> already explained that ex. (just theoretical name) ftp.azure.debian.org
> wouldn't be available from outside Azure, so we couldn't use it.

"It should not be used" != "wouldn't be available".

Please read more careful.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster