Re: Debian images on Microsoft Azure cloud

 ❦ 12 novembre 2015 16:34 +0100, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> :

>>> I just created wiki page[1] where we could put those requirements. It's
>>> simple but should do the job.
>>>
>>> 1. https://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/Images_requirements
>>
>> Currently, both the Openstack images and the image built for Azure are
>> using extlinux instead of Grub. I think this is mostly due to a personal
>> preference from Zigo. extlinux works fine but this is a deviation of
>> what a user would expect of a regular Debian installation.
>>
>> Should cloud images be allowed to change the bootloader?
>
> Definitively, yes. Please propose patches.

I am fine with this deviation (and don't have time either). Moreover,
other systems, notably bootstrap-vz, already have this possibility. I
think work should not be done in multiple places and I would favor
bootstrap-vz whenever possible (but currently, your Openstack images are
the most official ones, so I am using them and they are working just
fine; on our platform, they boot in less than 15 seconds, cloud-init
included).
--
All things that are, are with more spirit chased than enjoyed.
		-- Shakespeare, "Merchant of Venice"