Re: Debian images on Microsoft Azure cloud

On 11/10/2015 10:45 PM, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> with my trademark hat on: We asked waldi & zobel to bounce this
> request off of debian-cloud and debian-cd prior to granting the right
> to use the Debian name. We are looking for rough consensus as defined
> in RFC7282 that these images are close enough to Debian proper and are
> a good faith effort to bring Debian to more platforms and users.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

As per the discussions during debconf, to be called "official", the
images have to be built:
- directly from an unmodified stable
- with reproducibility on any Debian computer (ie: no need for any
external infrastructure access)

If things are taken from backports, then this *must* be made explicit.

Best would also be if the images could be built together with the rest
of the debian-cd infrastructure.

That being said, I'd love to have our release team be more liberal on
updates of cloud stuff. Cloud-init for example, has an open bug for
MONTHS which we are stuck on.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)