Re: docker image metadata discussion

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 09:13:36AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I wonder if using org.debian.git labels without permission would violate
> the spirit of our Trademark Policy (http://www.debian.org/trademark).  Given
> the ressemblance with domain names, it may confuse people by making them think
> that the image is an official Debian product ?

Sorry I should have been clearer. Despite Docker-dot-com's wishes that labels
are reverse-domain-prefixed, the Project Atomic proposal is for top-level,
unprefixed labels. The view is that the domain-prefixed ones would be fine for
a given organisation but if you want to share labels cross-organisation, they
should be unprefixed.

The concrete labels I have proposed, inspired by Debian, are just

VcsType (e.g. git)
VcsUrl  (e.g. git://example.com/...)
VcsRef  (e.g. abc123 or 'trunk')

--