Re: docker image metadata discussion

Le Wed, May 27, 2015 at 03:52:38PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland a écrit :

> Docker recently[1] introduced labels for images, permitting people to add
> metadata[2]. Docker-dot-com strongly suggest that tools adding labels use
> reverse-domain prefixes on the label names to avoid clashes.
>
> The Project Atomic folks believe that it would be useful if there were some
> top-level, non-prefixed labels that were agreed and accepted by the Docker
> community and have started a public document to track some suggestions[3].
>
> I just wanted to share that and see if anyone had an opinion on the concept
> or the suggested labels. I've chipped in with some Vcs* ones which are
> modelled on Debian's Vcs-* control file fields.
>
> What do folks think?

Hi Jonathan,

(sorry if I totally missed the point; I could not find a concrete example)

I wonder if using org.debian.git labels without permission would violate
the spirit of our Trademark Policy (http://www.debian.org/trademark).  Given
the ressemblance with domain names, it may confuse people by making them think
that the image is an official Debian product ?

Maybe I am just wrong, or maybe this is worth asking to trademark@debian.org ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy