vagrant lxc images (was "Git repo for debian VM templates")

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 04:41:33PM +0100, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> > As for docker, lxc, kvm, for sure we want to have them ! But note that
> > without plugins vagrant has only support for docker among those.
>
> Correct and I think that docker plus kvm should be enough in most cases.

I use vagrant with lxc on a daily bases and have my hacky scripts to
build images:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/terceiro/vagrant-lxc-images.git

of course you cannot compare sizes of lxc images against virtualbox
ones, but the last jessie image I built was just 78MB (base system
only, no chef/puppet/etc).

I even started packaging vagrant-lxc but we are not there yet because
it's not easy to make vagrant support externally-packaged plugins yet:

at some point I will probably try to chime in the work you guys are
doing so we also have lxc vagrant images (of course if someone wants to
beat me to it I will be very happy ;-))

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>