Re: Debian 7.4 images available from HP cloud

Dnia 2014-03-25, wto o godzinie 11:50 -0700, Clint Byrum pisze:
> Excerpts from Tomasz Rybak's message of 2014-03-25 11:41:08 -0700:
> > Dnia 2014-03-25, wto o godzinie 19:21 +0100, Juerg Haefliger pisze:

> > > images to

> > > people to download the images from? Like cloud-images.ubuntu.com?
> > >
> > > Yes? No? Maybe?
> >
> > I'm not against this idea, but what would be the reason for that?
>
> There are these crazy people out there who want to own their own
> infrastructure and run a cloud on top of it. See: www.openstack.org
>
> > I'm not sure whether it is possible to use e.g. AMI outside of
> > AWS EC2; and we have links to current images in Debian Wiki.
> > Maybe it would be nice idea to have more visible
> > debian-cloud.debian.org with links to official (or at least
> > blessed) images in appropriate clouds (GCE, AWS, Azure?)
> > but I am not entirely sure that hostin images
> > (which would require for the user to download them and then
> > upload to the cloud) would be the best idea.
> >

> AMI's can be used on Eucalyptus or OpenStack. Maybe CloudStack too.

Sorry - I did not want for my question sound like it's stupid
suggestion. Besides - I completely forgot about Eucalyptus;
thanks for reminding about its existence.
The need for hosting of AMIs on Debian infrastructure
makes more sense now.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak  GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860