Re: Debian 7.4 images available from HP cloud

Excerpts from Jimmy Kaplowitz's message of 2014-03-27 12:08:50 -0700:
> GCE images are built more than once per release currently, primarily to to
> improve the GCE-specific integration code and CLI tools or adapt to changes
> in the underlying environment and feature set. Occasionally there's
> something else, like the performance-driven backports change Himanshu
> mentioned on this list recently. So the CD frequency is only good as a
> minimum, not a maximum.

Agreed. For instance the Ubuntu images tend to be updated whenever the
kernel is updated, since that is rather painful to update post-boot.

> That said, the more of the build process that Debian can automate, the
> better. I'd also suggest that careful thought be given to testing; right
> now we have some internal tests that we run for the GCE images, but
> pre-publication testing is a generally useful pattern across all
> environments.

Agreed. I'm sure we'd be happy to donate HP Cloud resources to accept
an upload of a proposed image and make sure it boots / answers to SSH.