Re: Debian 7.4 images available from HP cloud

I think AMIs can be used in Eucalyptus at least.

Regarding GCE, we're currently publishing the tarballs for our Debian images in the publically readable Google Cloud Storage bucket gs://debian_images/, and would be happy with those getting stored somewhere under Debian's control as well (or instead). This transition might be good to do as part of ramping up non-Googler volunteers in building these images.

- Jimmy

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Tomasz Rybak <tomasz.rybak@post.pl> wrote:
Dnia 2014-03-25, wto o godzinie 19:21 +0100, Juerg Haefliger pisze:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Juerg Haefliger <juergh@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thomas,
> >

> > On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Just a quick message to tell everyone I have just uploaded new
> images to
> > > the HP cloud.
> >
> > Are there any plans to provide a Debian cloud images repository for
> people to download the images from? Like cloud-images.ubuntu.com?
>
> Yes? No? Maybe?

I'm not against this idea, but what would be the reason for that?
I'm not sure whether it is possible to use e.g. AMI outside of
AWS EC2; and we have links to current images in Debian Wiki.
Maybe it would be nice idea to have more visible
debian-cloud.debian.org with links to official (or at least
blessed) images in appropriate clouds (GCE, AWS, Azure?)
but I am not entirely sure that hostin images
(which would require for the user to download them and then
upload to the cloud) would be the best idea.

OTOH having some image for VirtualBox might be a good idea.
I'm not sure, however, whether this, for the current moment,
would be the best usage of resources of debian-cloud.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak <tomasz.rybak@post.pl> GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860