Re: google compute engine health check or DoS?

Hi Jose,

No, us-central1-b should be working.  Does gcutil getserialportoutput (or the equivalent web console view) show anything informative? Might be an OOM, a kernel panic, really any of the possibilities for a normal system.

I won't be awake many more hours, but I can briefly discuss in #debian-cloud if you'd like.

One thing to note is that a memory leak in the virtio-scsi driver got fixed in the Debian 7.4 kernel, and is also absent from the backports kernel. Either of these is recommended over older Debian kernels.

We released our 7.4 images earlier this week, though of course apt-get upgrade would have gotten you that sooner, and the backports image already offered a newer kernel partly for this reason.

- Jimmy