Re: Building GCE images with bootstrap-vz

On 25 February 2014 21:06, Jimmy Kaplowitz <jkaplowitz@google.com> wrote:
This plan looks great, thanks!

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Tomasz Rybak <tomasz.rybak@post.pl> wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback, it was very useful.
My plan for now, regarding GCE:
1. enable serial console in GRUB
2. add DefaultPackages plugin
3. make more generic NTP plugin
4. maybe generate better name for packed image than image.tar.gz

Then I'll look into kpartx, image minimization, and development
branch, in no particular order. It seems that there are some
gems I've missed, so more code reading is in order.
Thanks for all the tips!

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak  GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860

> 2. add DefaultPackages plugin
You mean "task", right? A plugin to add default gce packages seems rather overkill and definitely not the way to go.