Fwd: Debian 7.3 ami

On 27 January 2014 19:18, Alistair Prestidge <alistair.prestidge@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi. The 7.3 ami's are now in the market place which is great. Ive been upgrading to them all weekend. Thanks for all the hard work.

Sorry to ask this again but I would really like to use instance store backed ami's rather than ebs for the root device.
Should I be asking this question somewhere else?
Is this something that is going to be supported?
Is there a reason they have not yet beem generated?
or am I just looking in the wrong places for them?

Regards

Alistair

On 22 Jan 2014 07:46, "Alistair Prestidge" <alistair.prestidge@googlemail.com> wrote:

Brilliant. Thanks. Do you know if that will include instance store backed ami's as well as EBS?

On 21 Jan 2014 21:00, "Bromberger, James" <jameseb@amazon.com> wrote:
It's on its way. Should be visible in the next day or so from what I understand.

James

--
I'm on a phone; the typos are due to a ridiculously small keyboard! If the above is unclear or hilarious then please call me on +61 422 166 708. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Alistair Prestidge [alistair.prestidge@googlemail.com]
To: debian-cloud@lists.debian.org [debian-cloud@lists.debian.org]
Subject: Debian 7.3 ami

Hi.

I was wondering where the 7.3 ami had got to? They do not appear to be in the aws marketplace yet but was apparently submitted.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2013/12/msg00023.html

Also are there going to be any instance store ami's for 7.3. There are none listed here.

https://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/AmazonEC2Image/Wheezy#A7.3

Thanks.

Woops, and once more for the list as well :-)
---
There aren't any official ones, but you can bootstrap S3 AMIs yourself if you'd like. It's dead easy, just use the S3 example manifest as a starting point.
--
Also, to answer your other questions:
> Should I be asking this question somewhere else?
No, this is the right place
> Is this something that is going to be supported?
James is the man to answer that question.
> Is there a reason they have not yet beem generated?
Mostly a matter of what was chosen to focus on, I think :-)