Re: Small documentation snippets

On 6 January 2014 19:18, Tomasz Rybak <tomasz.rybak@post.pl> wrote:
Hello.
I'm rather inactive member of Debian Cloud Team. Trying to increase
my involvement, I started from atypical way and created descriptions
of build-debian-cloud scripts:
http://tomaszrybak.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/debian-cloud-images/
and projects rebuilding Debian packages:
http://tomaszrybak.wordpress.com/2013/12/28/using-cloud-to-rebuild-debian

I've put those on my blog - do you think it would be better to put them
on Debian wiki, or team page on Alioth?

I have another question, related to build-debian-cloud.
How is situation with HVM, and can build-debian-cloud be used to
create images for unstable? I want to try to test my packages
(PyCUDA and PyOpenCL) on AWS EC2 GPU instances, but I would like
to do it on recent drivers - not on stable.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak  GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860

Whoa! That's quite a bit of work there, nice job :-)
Don't ask me where to put it, but I'll soon be writing my own documentation at http://andsens.github.io/build-debian-cloud/, your docs will be a good starting point.
About the HVM images. James and I have made some progress, but right now I am having trouble getting the image to boot (in the WIP branch).
You are welcome to give it a try, the manifest is there and the resulting image registers properly with AWS.
Maybe the extlinux config is wrong (or maybe the image is registered with the wrong root_device/device mapping, I am not sure, I get no feedback from the AWS console).
SR-IOV drivers are also in the works, the code is there but hasn't been tested and is currently not added to the tasklist.
About unstable: I... I actually haven't tried, hehe. Give it a spin, maybe we're lucky and stuff just works :-) (though I'm pretty sure HVM images still won't work)