-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
It was already scheduled, and marked on the wiki for some months, but I am going to remove the outdated 7.0.0 AMIs from being shared from the Debian account tomorrow, 18 December 2014, and delete them shortly after.
My plan is to sort out the 7.3 release (now that -- as per previous email -- we have cloud-init running quickly) as priority. So let's review what AMIs we have available now:
* 6.0.7 - currently sitting there. Possibly we should update to 6.0.8, but I haven't looked at it yet.
* 7.0.0 - already deprecated, and going to be removed tomorrow (marked as private, and then deleted shortly thereafter).
* 7.1a - the last version that was pushed to the AWS Marketplace and deemed as "ready"
* 7.2 - a testing release that included cloud-init, but never pushed to marketplace because of the slowness (now resolved in 7.3 build with correct cloud-init config)
* 7.3 - now in testing, and hopefully this week we'll consider this "current"
In short order after we consider 7.3 as "good", I will push this to AWS Marketplace, and then declare 7.1a and 7.2 as deprecated and schedule them for unsharing and then removal.
Note that if you are running any instance(s) from these older AMIs that the instance(s) will continue to run unaffected. However, any Launch Configurations and CloudFormation templates that reference these AMIs should be updated.
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----