Re: Announcement: Debian 7.1 in the HP Cloud

>> All,
>>
>> This is to let you know that a Debian 7.1 64-bit image is now
>> available in the HP Public Cloud which is built on OpenStack:
>> https://blog.hpcloud.com/debian-71-arrives-hp-public-cloud
>>
>> Let me know if you have an questions or comments or concerns
>>
>> ...Juerg
>>

>> --
>> Archive:
>> [🔎] CADLDEKsqGeKU2fmnk6p0_OhYdeBtzsNrEufO__2ATHAG3Zdwow@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] CADLDEKsqGeKU2fmnk6p0_OhYdeBtzsNrEufO__2ATHAG3Zdwow@mail.gmail.com
>>

> Nicely done! I am sure this is a welcome addition to the mix of cloud ready
> debian images (great to see cloud-init in use btw., would love to hear
> whether Charles, Thomas et al. know what they are doing :-P ).

Oh they certainly know what they're doing. No question about it.

> Is there any automated way to get an image like that running or is it
> manually built?

Yes. A custom bash script using virt-install in the background.

> *hint, hint: Is there any way to get HP into the fold:
> https://github.com/andsens/build-debian-cloud/tree/python ...?

Well... I'm trying to get out of the image-building business. I'd
rather spend my time helping you build OpenStack/HP compliant images
than doing it myself using and maintaining a hacky script. So how can
I help?

...Juerg