Re: [RFR] Press release about Debian on public clouds

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:26:06PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I think that with the recent opening of wheezy-backports and
> squeeze-backports-sloppy, there is definitely an interesting move to consider.

I'm glad to read that!

> Can we discuss on a timeline ?  Would people be comfortable with a one-month
> period to test the possibility to prepare stable or testing images with recent
> cloud-init and euca2ools, resolve potential disagreements (I want psmisc for
> /usr/bin/killall, please :), and prepare actual images to distribute ?

I think that would be totally fine. It might make us step into
post-Wheezy release, but I don't think that's a blocker. After all, very
little people know we do have cloud images and I doubt that knowing that
*before* the Wheezy release would make a difference. It might mean that
we miss the chance to document this in the release notes, though.

Additionally, a timeline is fine, but unless we have volunteers that are
actively working on the topics you suggest, I fear that might delay the
announcement indefinitely.

> (By the way, I agree that the second draft sent by Stefano solves the
> problem that was caused by the recommendation to run private clouds in
> the initial proposal).

Thanks.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .