Re: [RFR] Press release about Debian on public clouds

Le Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 09:50:38PM +0000, Michael Dorrington a écrit :

> Actually, running on a public cloud is worse than running
> non-Free Software as I explained above.

Hi Michael,

I think that arguments in favor or against public clouds have been given, so
please let's stop here unless new arguments are found.  Some people including
me disagree with you and are using public clouds.

I think that it is important in Debian to refrain from telling others to not do
things when one does not have stakes in their project, and when their project
respects our Social Contract.

You are welcome to contribute to make Debian work on private clouds, but note
that these contributions will be used in public clouds as well.  On the other
hand, if you do not plan to contribute, then please move on.

Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan