[OT] Re: experimentals codename is rc-buggy

Le Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 12:45:07PM -0700, Holger Levsen a écrit :
> On Samstag, 16. März 2013, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > > Packages.debian.org indicates packages in Experimental
> > >    to be "rc-buggy" no matter their bug status
> > Yes, this shocks me as well. Who can we pinged to get
> > this go away?
>
> you read it wrongly: experimentals codename is rc-buggy, just like unstable is
> called sid or (currently) testing is called wheezy.
>
> now check http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=euca2ools again and it
> should be obvious.
>
> rc-buggy is a toy in toy story, the remote-controlled buggy and also a nice
> pun :-)

Thank you, I wouldn't have understood by myself (nor I expect most users
to understand as well...)

Does it mean that it would be worthwile to ask the display to be corrected
to "rc-buggy (experimental)" instead of "experimental (rc-buggy)", in line
with "sid (unstable)", "wheezy (testing)", and "squeeze (stable)" ?

(Sorry to be off-topic on this list.  Let's tranfer the discussion elsewhere if
it becomes long).

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy