Re: [RFR] Press release about Debian on public clouds

On 03/13/2013 02:39 PM, Chris Fordham wrote:
> Sorry for the TOFU.
>
> I agree with Thomas. Images should always be made independent of a cloud
> and provided for download which also provides security auditing
> potentials for users.
> Not sure why Debian Cloud has not done that yet, but in any case we
> really should look at doing this before any press release on public
> clouds (or any type of compute cloud).

I believe it's because the persons behind the images on Azure or AWS
didn't need these images anywhere else, and that the ones using
Eucalyptus and (in my case) Openstack didn't have the time to work it out.

> Ubuntu also has the advantage of systems like Launchpad to do building
> and provide packages and images without the need of a user. These kind
> of considerations are important for a proper offering and structure.

Sorry, I don't understand the above paragraph. Can you try to explain again?

Cheers,

Thomas

P.S: Please don't CC me, one copy of each message is enough :)