RE: Debian on Azure - vmdepot

[Pierre Couzy]
Basically, VM Depot is the main repository for community-based OS images, and it gives complete freedom in terms of updates. Having said that, I am not aware of specific blockers to be in the main Azure portal as well, but getting there will need more work. The first step was to have an Image that works on Azure, the next is to have a final version and not the Testing one, and then get confidence in its general behavior. I'm pretty sure we'll need more steps after those, and I'm willing to help identify them and work with you, but I see VM Depot as the best home for the foreseeable future.