Re: User categories for the pseudopackage cloud.debian.org on the BTS.

Le Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 01:00:56PM +1100, Chris Fordham a écrit :
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:29:34 +1100, Bromberger, James
> <jameseb@amazon.com> wrote:
>
> >Just wondering, what about splitting "machine images" into:
> >
> >Machine Images - Generic
> >Machine Images - $public_cloud1
> >Machine Images - $public_cloud2
> The other element to take into consideration is that images are not
> necessarily cloud specific but rather environment specific in terms
> of the hypervisor etc.
> We have private and public clouds and a range of hypervisors.
> Generic may be a bit misleading, but our generic images should have
> the stock kernel in that case without modifications for specific
> clouds.

Hi,

I think these usertags should be used for bugs not directly related to the
software, but rather to problems like outdatedness, lack of use of a
new feature or availiablity zone, etc.

I tried to document the usertags on the wiki.

  http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud#Reporting_bugs

Please feel free to suggest or commit a correction.

Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan