Re: team infrastructure (wiki page, doc, bug tracking, etc.)

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 09:13:10AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Thanks for brushing up the team infrastructure.  I think that a BTS
> pseudopakcage called cloud.debian.org is a very good idea.

This has now been requested, see #693526 that has been copied to this
list.

> In the short term, we can make this URL redirect to the team page in
> the wiki.

I haven't yet contacted DSA about this, but I'd rather make that point
to a place where both user- and developer-oriented information could be
found (others would call that a "Debian Cloud portal", but we don't need
such buzz-ness :-P).  Do we have, at present, such a place? I've looked
at http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud which seems to go in the right
direction, but might need some work. Would do you think of this plan? Is
anyone on this list interested in reworking a bit the "cloud" info we
offer via that page?

> I am not sure if we need an Alioth project.  I would rather recommend
> to dispatch new package according to their content to existing teams,
> in particular the Perl, Python and Java packaging teams, which are
> very open.

Disclaimer: I'm not doing any packaging work related to Debian "cloud"
stuff up to now, so I surely welcome living this choice to the people
who are doing that work.

Still, I wonder which benefit do you see in scattering the packages
across the various, programming language oriented, projects you mention
above. That would mean that people interesting in more than one cloud
related package will have to join several teams. Clearly, we can turn
the argument around saying that people interested in, say, Python
packaging will have to join the cloud Alioth project. But to me the
former case seems significantly more likely than the latter, no?

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .