Re: Fwd: Registering ebs-snapshot with euca2ools

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Anders Ingemann <anders@ingemann.de> wrote:
> Note that neither euca2ools, nor python-boto nor python-m2crypto [..] need python 2.7 according to their Depends lines
Nice!
> GitHub is considered non-free because it does not release its source code
I am totally on board with that and understand the reasons (read the
article by mako), I'll just keep the repo in my account then.

I was thinking about the packaging of my tool. I believe no matter how
this is handled, the versions on github and the one in the repo are
going to diverge.
With apt you no longer need dependency handling at all and the current
plugin architecture might not be the best way to go if you want a
proper unix tool.
Surely there is a lot of other stuff that needs to be modified
(although the tool itself is rock-stable right now, has been for
months).
How is this divergence best handled, in your experience?

Please check out debian-updates, as your package may be a candidate for inclusion in that repo? http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110215