Re: Fwd: Registering ebs-snapshot with euca2ools

> I volunteer to upload euca2ools to backports.debian.org, which would then be version 2.0.x if that is fine.
That would be awesome! All I really need is 1.3 though.
But if folks cannot recreate something with Debian, then this is non-free.
I'm not sure I follow? If it's about hosting the tool somewhere else, i am totally fine with that. I have never tried packaging anything for debian.
I do like developing on github though, so I am going to keep using that on a day to day basis. This can easily be resolved by simply having two remotes :-)
I would also be fine with transferring ownership of the repo to the debian user on github.

Anders

On 13 November 2012 16:43, "Steffen Möller" <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:15:13 +0100
> Von: Anders Ingemann <anders@ingemann.de>
> An: debian-cloud@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Fwd: Registering ebs-snapshot with euca2ools

> I don't need the tools on the image we are creating.
But if folks cannot recreate something with Debian, then this is non-free.

> The image is a
> vanilla debian installation (plus some startup scripts).
> The tools are only required on the bootstrapper. However, I designed
> it to be fully automated. Clone my tool and run the command - you're
> done.
> The project is not only intended for the official aws images, other
> people use it as well (there are currently 10 forks and one fork of a
> fork).
> I cannot simply add the testing mirrors automatically and require
> people to upgrade python to 2.7 on a squeeze installation they might
> be using for other stuff as well.
>
> So for now I think this is the best solution.

I volunteer to upload euca2ools to backports.debian.org, which would then be version 2.0.x if that is fine.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/euca2ools
[2] http://packages.qa.debian.org/e/euca2ools.html

Steffen