Debian Squeeze (6.0.6) AMIs available in Sydney (still testing them)

Hello all,

The latest image (with root resize on boot) is now available in Ap-Southeast-2 (Sydney), thanks to Anders adding the AKI for PV-GRUB in SYD into ec2debian-build-ami:

ami-af841395: 379101102735/debian-squeeze-i386-20121112

ami-b584138f: 379101102735/debian-squeeze-amd64-20121112

These public and available to all.

I have also prepared a CloudFormation template to help with using these images which I’ll push out when we’re “AMI stable” (reach out to me if you want to test this with the ‘current’ AMIs, htorugh they will be short lived until we call the AMIs ‘stable’).

With the update to use ecua2ools, I suspect we’re almost ready to roll; just the last issues I see are:

·         Use of http.debian.net versus hard-coded local mirror selected at image creation time – pending approval from Raphael.

·         Removing the ephemeral mount points – leaving this for the user to create?

I’ve spoken with the AWS Marketplace team today; they are keen for us to publish soon; I’m looking to complete the listing documentation (With my DD hat on) at the end of this week, so it would be great to complete these two points above before then (and regenerate).

Going forward, we need to repeatedly produce stable images for each point release. As always, any DD who wants access to this account for this purpose please reach out to me and I will add an account.

I’d also like to all out again for any assistance for Charles for help on cloud-init. To me this is the biggest thing we are missing (see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CloudInit).

  James

James Bromberger | Solution Architect – Western Australia| Amazon Web Services