Re: Reading archives..

> 2/ we should be able to create them using only DFSG-free software
Ah, I see your point. So what is meant with create? Because everything
on the image is free.
But if you look at the tools to create that image, then yes they are non-free.
It is hard to only use free software when you are creating machine
images for a proprietary system.
I mean, you have the EBS volumes, the EC2 instances the OS runs on.
You could certainly do something with a free equivalent but honestly,
it's SOAP and REST API calls... that's it.
The ami and api tools simply wrap those calls so you get a nice cli.

Anders