Re: Debian Images on Amazon Web Services (resent)

On Nov 08, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:

> These AMI images should be released through the official Debian mirrors,
> or at least from a page on Alioth, not only from Amazon itself.
I understand that AMIs are on S3, are these buckets publically
accessible?
As long as they are accessible to non-Amazon customers too, I see no
reason to distribute the images on our infrastructure too.

> We don't need to advertize for this or that brand of public cloud providers.
> If we do, then it is unfair for the competition and smaller companies, which
> might also use these images. It would be even more unfair to ship it only
> at these larger providers.
Agreed. My employer has been providing for years to their cloud
customers Debian images built by a developer, and we never made a big
deal of it. :-)

OTOH, I see nothing wrong with documenting on our wiki or wherever
it is appropriate how users of public clouds can use our images.

--
ciao,
Marco