Re: Debian AMI Images *not only* for AWS (Was: Debian Images on Amazon Web Services)

On 11/07/2012 10:02 PM, James Bromberger wrote:

> Hello Debian-Cloud people,
>

> (appologies if this ends up coming through twice)
>
> <TL;DR>
>
> Official AWS EC2 AMI images under-way; please test and give feedback:
> search AMIs for "379101102735/debian-squeeze". Stable only. SSH as
> "ec2-user". SSH keys only. UserData shell script support. Feedback wanted!
>
> </TL;DR>

Hi,

I'm not an AWS user (I have no account there, and probably
never will), but I am interested in having a way to get these
AMI images. Openstack also supports them (I'm working on
Openstack packaging with the other members of the team),
It would be really nice to have official Debian AMI images
available through the mirrors of Debian, somehow. Also,
building these official Debian AMI images using a script,
available in Debian itself, would even be better, so that
anyone could tweak it. Probably, you already thought of
that no?

Thoughts?

Thanks for working on this, really!

Cheers,