New comer

Hello All,

I would like to learn more about contributing to Cinnamon for Debian.

It seem that the workflow is to get code updates from Mint (upstream) and integrate it to Debian.

It may get a bit confusing as LMDE also uses Debian; seems like a circular workflow at first view.

I am assuming that new features may be desired to first have Mint accepting/integrating them.

But my assumptions may not be correct. Thus my question: Is there any doc explaining the dev cycle and workflow across Debian branches?

Thanks in advance,
Varanda